Job vacancy Deals - Manager
View all 70 Jobs
Deals - Manager
Job Description & SummaryA career within our Barbados and East Caribbean (EC) Advisory Services, as a member of our Deals Transaction Services team, will provide you the opportunity to work throughout the Caribbean in cross border assignments including Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana, Bahamas and other Caribbean Territories.
You will be involved in leading the preparation of valuation reports of assets and business interest for a wide range of purposes, such as mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, public offerings, fairness opinions, management buy-outs, shareholder disputes and divestitures. You will also provide services to assist in transactions, such as conducting a due diligence exercise.
You will also be assisting with engagements in the service line of Business Recovery and Insolvency. You will have the opportunity to work in a corporate restructuring team based in Barbados conducting receiverships, liquidations and bankruptcies in Barbados and throughout the East Caribbean.
In short, we help some of the Caribbean’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their organisations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager in our Caribbean Advisory organisation, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include your ability and attitude to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel advanced functions, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis, including financial statements as well as the ability to compute and interpret ratios and trends
- Proven ability to conduct economic and market research, in order to articulate the landscape within which the client operates
- Proven ability to engage and communicate matters of relevance and importance using persuasive techniques
Minimum years experience required
- At least 4 - 6 years sound experience in a finance and advisory related environment or with a Big 4 Firm, performing financial analyses, developing financial statements and delivering advisory engagements.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance Management, Economics, Business Management or a related field from a recognised university
- Internationally recognised accounting designation such as ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA
Additional Qualifications / Certification
- Additional training in Corporate Finance Subject areas or other relevant qualification; CBV, ABV or CFA will be an asset
- A confident communicator and presenter who is comfortable interacting at all levels Personal flexibility to facilitate travel on international and cross border assignments in the Caribbean area
- Ability to speak a second language would be an asset but not a pre-requisite
EducationDegrees/Field of Study preferred:
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs